Dealing With A Sudden Leak Or Flood In Your Home
If you come home one day to notice that your home is flooded, make sure that the first thing that you do is to turn off the water and the electrical mains in your home. It might be late night and you might not be able to see inside your house but turning off the electrical mains will potentially save a live so it is important that the first thing that you do is to turn both of these off. Many people forget to turn off their electricity and in some cases they do not because it can be an inconvenience but this is very dangerous.
Call in for help
The next thing you will need to do is to immediately call in an efficient emergency plumber at Brisbane South to come in and take a look at your home and find out the source of the leak. This may be a source that is easy to find or it could even be a leak that is extremely difficult to locate and you may need to break down part of your wall to find out where the pipe has broken. Until help has arrived, it would be a good idea for you to try and mop up your floor even if this means doing so in the dark to prevent your walls from getting soaked up with water as this could cause your walls to conduct electricity making your home a very dangerous place for you to be because this can even result in death.
Your plumber will certainly be able to find the source of leak but it may take a long time and therefore it is important for you to be patient. In some cases, this may even be a very expensive process since it may require him to break quite a length of your wall until the broken pipe has been identified. Until help has arrived, it would be a good idea for you to get your children out of the house as it may be a dangerous place to be in and you will need to make sure that you clean and mop your home until it is completely dry. As you have turned off your water mains, it is unlikely that the leak will continue for much longer and therefore, you will simply need to dry off your house and then evacuate until help has arrived. There have been instances where people have lost their lives due to touching wet walls and getting electrocuted.